GHHI Marin County is a partnership of local non-profits, government agnecies, utility providers, and funders that deliver services and education to create healthy, safe, and energy efficient homes. Marin County has adapted the Green and Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI) model of aligning, braiding, and coordinating funding and services to the unique operating environment and demographics of Marin.
The Green and Healthy Homes Initiative is a national non-profit dedicated to breaking the link between unhealthy housing and unhealthy families. Formerly known as the Coalition to End Childhood Lead Poisoning, GHHI replaces stand-alone housing intervention programs with an integrated, whole-house approach that produces sustainable, green, healthy and safe homes. As a result, GHHI is improving health, economic, and social outcomes for families across the country.
Our mission is to match the services that you and/or your family needs with the local help that already exists.
What we do
GHHI Marin has been designed to improve the lives of Marin residents and our local environment in the following ways.
- Improve your health (e.g., asthma)
- Increase safety within your home
- Increase independence and accessibility within your home
- Increase the comfort of your home
- Increase your homes efficiency
- Reduce impact on natural resources (e.g., energy and water)
- Decrease waste generation
- Reduce emissions of green house gasses
- Increase the green and healthy home workforce